The high purity MoSi2 heating elements are used in our 1700℃ Muffle Furnace, 1800℃ Muffle Furnace, 1700℃ Vacuum Furnace, 1700℃ Atmosphere Furnace, 1700℃ Tube Furnace, etc. They’re also used in our Dental Zirconia Sintering Furnace. These high purity silicon molybdenum rods will not cause any pollution to zirconia crowns or bridges. Since the silicon molybdenum heating elements are a vulnerable part, please be careful when replacing them. Without further ado, let’s check out how to replace MoSi2 Heating Elements.
How to replace MoSi2 Heating Elements
- Take off 4 screws on top of the furnace, and then open the cover. (as Fig.1)
2. Take off the screw of the clip for the heating element. (as Fig.2)
3. Take off aluminum strap between connections of the heating elements. (as Fig.3)
Fig.1 Fig.2 Fig.3
4. Take off the screws of the metal clip for fixing the ceramic block. (as Fig.4)
5. Take off the ceramic black between rods of U type heating element. (as Fig.5)
6. Take off the U type heating element which needs to be replaced. (as Fig.6)
7. Replace MoSi2 heating elements. Please put the ceramic block together with the heating element, and make sure the ceramic block shall fit position as before. (as Fig.7)
8. When tightening the screw of the metal clip for heating elements, please make sure the bottom of the U heating element does not touch the bottom of the furnace chamber. Usually, the bottom of U element shall rise 5 mm high from the bottom of furnace chamber
9. Then, follow steps 4, 3, 2, 1 to tighten the screw and finish the exchange of heating element.
So, the above is how to replace MoSi2 Heating Elements. But there’re 2 more things you need to pay attention:
- The clip and the aluminum strap must be tightened to prevent the MoSi2 heating elements from being broken due to poor contact.
- Every 3 months, please fasten contact straps and stainless steel clips to prevent bad contact caused by constant thermal expansion and contraction.
Learn more about our MoSi2 Heating Elements.
Our Furnace with MoSi2 Heating Elements:
Follow us on Facebook